Welcome to Sharkbait Writes!

Devil's Nightmare Blog Tour

Thanks for surfing onto the online realm of Sharkbait Writes! Set your surf board over in the visitors center, kick off your shoes, and enjoy your stay.

Pursuit of a DreamTDevils Nightmarehis is my official author site where I post various blogs, reviews, and news about my writing projects, including my Amazon bestselling horror-thriller novel Devil’s Nightmare, which is available for purchase on Amazon Kindle (Worldwide), via the free Kindle App for other devices, and in print at Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

To keep me on track with writing Devil’s Nightmare I took the #WIP500 challenge beginning Jan. 1, 2012. The challenge was to write 500 words every day. Everything went great for the first nine months, but as soon as the first draft of Devil’s Nightmare was complete I began to focus all of my attention on the editing and publishing process. Nonetheless, the #WIP500 challenge was an integral part of my success in completing this project. I’m taking the #WIP500 challenge again in 2014 while I write Devil’s Nightmare: Premonitions, coming October 14 this year.

I published my first novel in 2004 (and released in e-book format in September 2011) which can be found in the Shark’s Tales menu above. There you will find a synopsis of  Pursuit of a Dream, Book 1 of Victory Lane: The Chronicles  and also a link to a short story I wrote in 2003. I’m also in the process of writing Full Throttle, Book 2 of Victory Lane: The Chronicles, which I hope to publish next year.

Be sure to subscribe to my site to receive updates to your e-mail when I post a new article in the blogs section of my site and if you have already been following me on Twitter, you have an idea of what to expect.

I enjoy reading your comments, so please feel free to share your thoughts on any of my blog posts or about my site in general. Simply fill out the form provided or click on the comment counter on the upper right of each article. Thank you for visiting and I hope you enjoy your time at Sharkbait Writes.

Devil's Nightmare

Comments
  1. Jeannie Walker says:

Oh, by-the-way..just signed up on your site and loved the trailer. Makes you HALF to haveit!

2. Jeannie Walker says:

I can’t find it on Amazon in harcover format. :( I ONLY buy hardcovers. So dissapointed

3. Jeannie Walker says:

I’m VERY ecited about the new book coming out in October. ..devils nightmare, premonitions can’t. Wait. Hope to find it first in hardcover :)))

• I plan to publish Premonitions (Book 2 of Devil’s Nightmare) for Kindle first and then paperback shortly thereafter. I am looking at options for hardcover editions of my books, though, since I also personally want them. The process for publishing in hardcover format is a bit more complicated than eBook/paperback. With that said, it will happen. :-)

Thank you for your interest.

Robert “Sharky” Pruneda

4. marjma2014 says:

Love the surf boarding imagery and your site name. Very original!

5. Lisa says:

Just finished “Devil’s Nightmare” and loved it! Could hardly put it down. Highly recommended!

6. murphy says:

DEVIL’S NIGHTMARE IS A MUST READ! GREAT BOOK. GREAT ENDING! DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND READ THIS ONE!

7. Patinspire says:

Hi Rob,
    Awesome page and great blog! Love the fish, so unique!
    Patricia

8. limseeyee says:

And how to put the fish photo? It looks cute!!!

9. limseeyee says:

Mind following me? =)

10. JP McLean says:

Hi Rob,
    Just checked out your trailer for Devil’s Nightmare – it sets a great mood. A trailer is on my to-do list and I can only hope it turns out as well as yours. Love the fish.

11. Damni it! I want to eat the fishies!!!!

Right now, I am one very frustranted girl! Hmph!

Oh, and hello, from a new Texan!

My Daddy Kiril moved us to Houston last Sept. :-D

12. Lee says:

PS i fed the fish!

13. Lee says:

hi Rob, I am reading Pursuit of a Dream…I am sucked in andd cant wait to finish it…but at halfway through, can I offer a constructive criticism? I am enjoying the story, so please take this positively…it is way too detail oriented. i cant give you many specifics, but i feel the story could use less focus on Jim and more on Caleb. I’m in the middle of an online certification program, and i look forward to doing some reading to decompress, so i might just be a little b”%*&y but it seems like it’s taking a long time to get to the ‘lesson’ of the story. Even if I weren’t a NASCAR fan, I would have the same response. Maybe being a NASCAR fan is part of my frustration with the story. Take that into consideration as you pursue the series.

Lee

• I love constructive criticism, Lee, and I appreciate your feedback. I agree that Pursuit of a Dream is a bit on the long-winded side. I plan on making Book 2 much shorter. I’d love to hear more of what you think. Considering you are a NASCAR fan, you may catch some discrepancies as there are some areas that I did fictionalize, particularly with Caleb’s progression. It was actually part of the fun of writing Pursuit of a Dream. :-) I hope you enjoy the rest of the story and I wish you the best on your certification.

You can shoot me an email at SharkbaitWrites (at) gmail (dot) com if you’d like to offer any other feedback.

Cheers!

Rob

14. New book sounds great. Perhaps a little fish-food button? I did feed them. They still look famished.All the best to you in 2013.

15. Albert Hewett says:

Hey Sharky, Don’t you ever feed the fish. They were certainly hungry. Anyway, Do you read all these books or are you just helping some author? How is the weather in your region? Not very wet in my region. You have a great website. You don’t post very often.

• Hey, neighbor! Thanks for feeding the hungry little piranhas. I have a hard enough time keeping up with feeding my real fish . . . which reminds me. I guess I should answer your questions here since we have gotten sucked into the whole online social media thing, even though we live right across the street from each other. :-)

Typically I am currently reading or have read the books that are advertised on my site. I help cross promote as a no-strings attached favor to my friends in the writing community. I’m currently reading Blood Skies by Steven Montano.

How’s the weather in my region? Look out the window, my friend. Oh, and it’s funny how you stated that your region isn’t very wet when we received a bit of rain today . . . unless that was just falling on my yard.

Thanks for stopping by my site, Albert, and I appreciate the compliments. You are right; I haven’t updated it lately mainly because I’ve been too busy with work and editing my next novel, which I plan to publish sometime next month, first as an eBook and then later in print.

Talk to you later my friend . . . maybe even in person for a change. :-)

16. NC Pendergast says:

Cute fishes! (Sorry, that was totally off-topic. ;) )

17. Love the name and all of the connotations.

• Thanks for visiting, Tami! I’m thinking I should put on the “Bruce the Shark” avatar every once in a while for my main Twitter Account @SharkbaitWrites (since I don’t use @WWSharkbaitWW much anymore). I’ll definitely be doing that on Halloween, though. vV””Vv :-)

18. lornalondon says:

Hi, Rob! Just wanted to thank you again for the kind words about my interview with Lorna Suzuki. Wishing you all the best with The Devil’s Nightmare!

• You’re welcome, Lorna. I always enjoy reading author interviews, particularly of those within my circle of writerly friends. Thanks for the encouragement regarding my current project The Devil’s Nightmare. I’m having a blast writing it and I think it’s coming along nicely. Cheers!

19. I thank you for following my books blog.

If you are interested in reading a new novel, one that circles around vampires, werewolves, murder and a prophecy, please consider checking out ‘Hyblood: First Book of the Wolva Trilogy’ on Amazon.com. It’s available in eBook and paperback form.

Thank you again!

20. Really enjoy your writing and your tweets Rob, thanks for sharing.

• Thanks for the kind words, Dave. It always puts a smile on my face when I read comments like that. I’m glad you enjoy my writing and tweets. While some people like to stick to a theme on their blogs, I like to mix it up a bit. Cheers!

21. Albert Hewett says:

This guy lives across the street of me. When we first met, the introduction was not all that pleasant. No foul words, just did not hit it off too good. As time prevailed, for some reason I don’t remember, we spoke on good terms to one another. Sharky introduced me to his Dad and then to his Mom. Time prevailed again and we started playing war games together. This was in the ancient times when a game could be played over the telephone. He gave me his other half of the game (game of to disks) to use on my computer and we played countless times on this one game. For him not to brag too much, but I never won one of those games. I gave him doubts at times that I was going to win, but never did I win. We have become quite tight in our friendship and I’m glad of it. We now play at times at his house over different pc’s he has and I still cannot beat him playing that game. Because of that, I refuse to challenge him. Instead we gain up and play the computer with two enemies and he ends by whipping his side and I’m still struggling with mine. To end the game quicker, he sends help to me to beat the enemy. As time would be, our scheduals would differ and we haven’t played in close to a year. Friendship is still tight, though.

• Thanks for the great memories of how we became friends, Albert. It was Hurricane Claudette that sparked our friendship. Without any electricity, we started playing chess together on the front porch. It’s amazing how it sometimes takes a force of nature to get neighbors outside and talking to each other. (Side note: Playing chess with someone who prefers checkers makes for an interesting opponent.)

Command & Conquer: Tiberium Wars. That was the game we started playing together on our old computers with a dial-up modem, which also tied up our phone lines with a busy signal (oh, those were the times). When we eventually upgraded to Command & Conquer: Generals and had our LAN party (hooking up my PC and laptop) history was made. That’s when we became “General Thunder” and “General Lightning”. I’m glad you posted about these gaming times because I miss having our “war games”. We’ll definitely have to hook up again soon and hit the RTS (Real-time Strategy) battlefield. A.I. generals be afraid… be VERY afraid.

Cheers, my friend!

22. danniehill says:

Okay, sharky. You can do it all! I’m really impressed and envious. In truth I wish you the best of luck with your writing and may you sell many books!

23. You know I love everything about you! Thanks for your support.
    Tess

24. The site looks great!

25. Love your site Sharky, I am looking forward to more, especially the post about your work! See you for a malt..

26. Karen DeLabar says:

Love the site, Sharky! I look forward to your posts :) Thanks for including me on your blogroll – you’re awesome!

27. Great job, Sharky. Thank you for putting me on your blog roll. I have subscribed to your feed and will now commence with the online stalking.