Earlier this month my friend Karen Einsel nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award, and after realizing that I had completely forgot about this post, something slapped me across the face and reminded me. So, I figured I would end the year with this fun blog award.
Post 11 random facts about oneself and answer 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
Pass the award on to 11 other blogs (if you can’t find 11, that’s okay too – my revised rule). 🙂
Write 11 NEW questions directed towards your nominees. Are you seeing the pattern here?
Post the award picture into your blog.
Now that we got the rules out of the way, on with the show . . .
Eleven Random Facts About “Sharky”
- My favorite pastime is playing video games with friends on the PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360.
- As much as I’ve played video games all of my life, I’ve never owned an Atari or Nintendo. I always had “the other system” when I was growing up. (Update: I found an Atari 2600 for only $30 at a local pawn shop earlier this year, 2016)
- I’m a proud active supporter of the ASPCA. Three of my dogs are rescues.
- I used to sell dragons at the local monthly trade shows. I had to stop selling them after the dragons kept eating the customers.
- I owned a boa constrictor when I was a kid. And no, the snake didn’t eat the neighbors next door . . . and that’s the story I’m sticking to!
- When my brother and I were kids, we would go “critter hunting” in the woods outside of Austin, Texas. We would bring home lizards, snakes, spiders, and even a giant centipede once (no joke)! Not to mention the coral snake.
- One of the coolest vacations I took when I was a kid was when my family went to Guanajuato, Mexico and stayed in a castle that was converted into a hotel. The creepiest part of that same vacation was when we visited a museum that had real mummies (not the wrapped up ones, either).
- I’ve never flown on a commercial airplane, but I have flown in a Cessna.
- I drive a limousine (and even a hearse) on occasion for extra cash.
- I collect shot glasses, but I rarely drink alcohol.
- I’ve taken a drag from one cigarette in my entire life. That happened when I was about eight or nine years old. My uncle let me take a puff. I swallowed the smoke. I gagged. My eyes literally fogged up . . . and I’ve never touched a cigarette since! 🙂
Karen Einsel’s questions for me
- If you wrote a bucket list, what would be the No. 1 thing on it? Probably to write a bucket list. 🙂
- Favorite sport? NASCAR To play? Paintball, although I haven’t done that in years. To watch? NASCAR.
- If you were going on your first date, what would you do to impress him/her? Hmm. That’s a tough one since I’m not the type to try and impress. I think if I focused on trying to impress her, I would just end up making a fool of myself. I would just be myself and talk. I would do a lot of listening to what she had to say, so I could get to know her better.
- Dancing or bowling? Bowling. I would just embarrass myself dancing. Then again, I stink at bowling too. Let’s go to a movie instead. What is this? A dating survey? 🙂
- If you could blink your eyes and be anywhere right this minute, where would you be? Sitting on a beach, earning twenty percent.
- Favorite holiday? Christmas.
- Are you an only child? Or first, middle, or baby in the family? I’m the youngest of three siblings.
- How long have you been blogging? I’ve been blogging since May 2011.
- What is your favorite word or expression that you use most often? Awesome! Could you base a short story on it? I don’t know, but if I could, I’m sure it would be awesome!
- What color are your eyes? Brown. (Back to the dating survey, I see . . . this better not show up on eHarmony!) 🙂
- And since I’m a horoscope junkie, what is your sign? 🙂 Gemini. I don’t read horoscopes, but in the spirit of this blog post, I think I’ll read mine. It says: “Money is a serious problem right now – but help is on the way! Of course you still need to take positive steps to ensure that things don’t get worse or return to the same point, so get to work.” (Horoscope from astrology.com) Hmm . . . that was spot on!
Eleven Bloggers Tagged
Now for my selection of 11 bloggers to pass the Liebster Blog Award to. Note to bloggers, feel free to participate if you can. If not, that is cool, too. I know how busy we can get.
Eleven 2012 Themed Questions
These are the questions for my tagged bloggers to answer, should they accept the mission . . .
- What is the best book you read in 2012?
- What is the best movie you watched in 2012?
- What is the worst movie you saw in 2012?
- If you could change one thing in 2012, what would it be?
- Was there anything in 2012 that you always wanted to do and finally did? Was there anything in 2012 that you wanted to do, but just missed out on?
- Did you make any resolutions for 2012? If so, how many of those did you actually fulfill? Me neither! 🙂
- Do you know anyone who actually (really) believed that the world was going to end on Dec. 21, 2012?
- Did you try anything new or learn a new skill in 2012? If so, what was it and what inspired you to try it or learn how to do it?
- What was the most difficult challenge you faced in 2012?
- What was your greatest achievement in 2012?
- Now, look back to the year 2012. In one word, how would you describe it overall?
If you participate, please be sure to let me know when you publish your blog post, so I can read your answers. Have an awesome New Year!